SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#272761 - 10/03/09 08:24 PM Re: Video Ad for the "Roland Prelude" Arranger
Dnj Offline

Scott......I knew you would only consider the S910 B/U or upgrade to T3 at this stage of the game. Your a Yamaha man & rightly so. Good to see you have returned to SZ.

#272762 - 10/03/09 10:44 PM Re: Video Ad for the "Roland Prelude" Arranger
zuki Offline

I don't believe the Prelude has OTS for quick live play. That would be the deal breaker for me. If it's similar to the EX, forget it. Too much navigation although the sounds and styles are fabulous and extremely useful for a 2nd board. Then again, who wants to lug 2 boards? What's wrong with me, I'm saving for Bosi

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#272763 - 10/03/09 11:36 PM Re: Video Ad for the "Roland Prelude" Arranger
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Prelude has an OTS (it's the button labeled ONE TOUCH).

Just the one per style, but still pretty good.

It also has numerical entry for patches rather than just scrolling only. Plus, the patch calls up its' associated MFX...

It also will do numerical callup of Performances, or a list you can scroll through that doesn't change what you are on until you hit 'enter', so you can cue up changes. All in all, for a cheapy, this one has got a lot of things right...

#272764 - 10/04/09 12:32 AM Re: Video Ad for the "Roland Prelude" Arranger
gilbert Offline

Loc: Oelsnitz /E Germany
Regarding OTS You can set up as many OTS per Style as you required,its so simple and the same as Yamaha, called up by the pressing of one button.
Make up, say five OTS settings for a style or song,put them in user program, of which there are 126,then you have five seamless changes up or down using the advance or down button,and of course all can be saved to the usb stick.
Just to clarify, what you in fact do is make up the voicing for each OTS and enter it as a user program, depending on the number of OTS required this will identify the number of user programs used for the selected style.
Diki if you still have the GW8 perhaps you could find time to see if this also works on that board.
Gilbert.

[This message has been edited by gilbert (edited 10-04-2009).]

[This message has been edited by gilbert (edited 10-04-2009).]

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online